Pages

Saturday 23 April 2016

Crispy chicken lollipops with Asian inspired spicy sauce

Hi guys! I am back again with another simple and delicious recipe,crispy chicken lollipops!
This simple dish will go as a great starter or if you want to have your chicken wings another way.

So first things first,you will need the following ingredients:
  • six pieces of chicken wings drumettes (you can make as many as you want though)
  • one clove of garlic (chopped)
  • one tablespoon of soy sauce
  • a dash of salt
  • half a chicken bouillon
  • one teaspoon of hot chilli powder
  • one teaspoon of thai chilli sauce (optional)
  • half a cup of bread crumbs
  • half a cup of all purpose flour
  • one egg (beaten)

So to get your drumettes into the lollipop shape,get it flat on a board,now use your knife to cut the skin around the thin end of the drumette,like in a sawing motion,go round the bone.Once that is done,push down the meat from the bone,for me I held the drumette upside down in my palms and then pushed the meat down from the bone,using my fingers to pull down the meat around the fat end of the bone,making it appear like it is  inside out.Now that we have achieved the shape,add the drumettes and seasoning together in a bowl and mix! let it sit and marinate for a few hours or some minutes,whichever that is convenient for you.
After the chicken is done marinating,heat up your oil till about 170 degrees celsius,season up the flour and bread crumbs a bit with some salt or any other all purpose seasoning.Now roll the drumette in some flour,then the beaten egg,and finally in the bread crumbs.

They are ready for the oil! So I used a deep fryer and after about a minute or two when I dropped them in,I reduced the heat to about 130 degrees celsius,to allow the chicken cook more without burning.Now if your are using a pan,after dropping them in I will suggest you reduce the heat to low,and shortly before taking them out,increase the heat so they can get more brown and crispy!

For the sauce,I simply used the following:
  • one tablespoon of soy sauce
  • one tablespoon of ketchup
  • one tablespoon of worcestershire sauce (optional)
  • half a teaspoon of sugar
  • half a cup of water
  • some chilli powder
  • a dash of sesame seeds
Mix everything together and reduce on low heat,till the sauce thickens to a syrupy consistency.
 I do hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Which day u go cook for me na.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which day u go cook for me na.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U make it look pretty easy to produce.please be my private tutor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. U make it look pretty easy to produce.please be my private tutor...

    ReplyDelete